1. Relationship to Terms and Conditions
The terms of this policy form part of the Concept.vu Terms and Conditions.
2. Defined Terms
- (a) Unless expressly to the contrary in this policy, terms defined in the Concept.vu Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this policy.
- (b) This clause 2 defines certain terms used in this policy and further terms are defined elsewhere in this policy.
- (c) ‘collect’ includes to hold or store following collection.
- (d) ‘disclose’ may include to transfer.
- (e) ‘Personal Information’ is information that we collect about you, being information from which your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained. Personal Information does not include your credit card details in complete form because we do not collect that information.
- (f) ‘use’ may include to disclose or transfer.
- (g) ‘agency account’ means a Concept.vu account with administrator rights for the purposes of creating Concept.vu projects and sharing content.
- (h) ‘regular account’ means a Concept.vu account without administrator rights for the sole purpose of reviewing and approving content.
3. Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information when:
- you provide it to us, for example when applying for a Concept.vu agency account (including trial accounts) and when a Concept.vu project is shared with you as a regular account holder; and
- in relation to your IP address or cookies, when you access Concept.vu.
3.2 Reasons for collection
- (a) We only collect such Personal Information as we need in order to operate Concept.vu.
(b) Specifically, we collect Personal Information in order to:
- identify you as an account holder;
- supply the Concept.vu Service to you;
- assist us to improve Concept.vu; and
- comply with our obligations under law, such as anti-money laundering law.
- (c) If you do not enable us to collect this Personal Information, then you will not be able to hold a Concept.vu account of any type and we will not be able to supply the Service to you.
3.3 Collecting entity
The entity collecting Personal Information is Concept.vu Pty Ltd.
4. Use of Personal Information
- (a) We use Personal Information to operate Concept.vu, supply the Service to you and to send you communications about these matters, such as administrative notices.
- (b) We may also use Personal Information for compiling general information from which your identity would not be apparent or reasonably ascertainable (‘General Information’). General Information may include aggregated statistical information about account holder’s attributes, and use of Concept.vu. We normally use General Information to, among other things, improve Concept.vu.
5. Disclosure & Transfer Overseas
5.1 Disclosure by us
- (a) Generally speaking, we will not disclose Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, including direct marketing purposes.
(b) We may disclose Personal Information for the following reasons (‘Legal Reasons’):
- where it is necessary to investigate you or report you to relevant third parties (including authorities) if we have reason to suspect you may be engaged in any unlawful activity;
- where it is reasonably necessary in the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of certain unlawful activity, including criminal activity;
- where it relates to the preparation or conduct of proceedings before a court or the implementation of a court order; or
- where it is required or authorized by or under law.
- (c) We may disclose General Information to any person for any commercial purpose.
5.2 Disclosure by you
- (a) When interacting with us, and Concept.vu account holders, you may disclose Personal Information.
- (b) You may control some aspects of the Personal Information you disclose under paragraph (a) by amending your account settings in Concept.vu.
- (c) You take full legal and practical responsibility for Personal Information you disclose as contemplated by paragraph (a).
5.3 Transfer overseas
By holding an agency account, you also consent to our transferring Personal Information to a person or organization outside Australia for the purposes of supplying the Service to you and operating Concept.vu. We may also transfer Personal Information outside Australia for Legal Reasons or similar reasons.
- (a) You can access your Personal Information by logging into your Concept.vu account and selecting the My Settings option in the drop down menu linked to your user name in the top menu bar.
(b) Notwithstanding the above paragraphs of this clause 6, we may not grant you access to Personal Information:
- if doing so would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- if the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- for Legal Reasons or similar reasons.
- (c) If we deny you access to Personal Information, we will provide reasons for our decision.
7. Integrity and Security
- (a) We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- (b) If you demonstrate to us that Personal Information held by us is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information. If you claim that such information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date and we disagree, we will create and hold a note of your claim together with Personal Information.
We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- (a) We will take reasonable steps to destroy, disable access to or permanently de-identify Personal Information if we no longer need it for any purpose for which we use or disclose the information under clauses 4 and 5.
- (b) However, characteristics of information storage technology mean that it is not reasonably possible to delete every last remnant of information we have collected.
9. This Policy
9.1 Principles of interpretation of this policy
The principles of interpretation of the Concept.vu Terms and Conditions apply to this policy insofar as they are relevant.
- (a) We may vary this policy at any time by amending the version of this document accessible by you on Concept.vu.
- (b) We will use reasonable endeavors to notify you of material variations made pursuant to clause paragraph (a).
10. Contact Us
If you wish to contact us about privacy on Concept.vu, please email us at email@example.com.